Who want beautifully clear & flawless skin by by Dr. Gillian McKeith’s book.
1. Drink plenty of clean filtered water – at least 6-8 glasses daily, more if on hot days and when you exercise. Adequate water is essential to keep your skin hydrated and for eliminating toxins through the kidneys and colon.
2. Include lots of fibre in your diet.. It keeps your intestinal tract regular and enhances the elimination of waste from the body. some ppl with skin problems suffer from constipation coz they fail to feed themselves with good source of fibre.
3. Make sure your diet contains plenty of antioxidants (which helps slow down cellular aging). Fresh fruits and vegs are the best sources of natural plant antioxidants.
4. Food combine. by eating protein and carbo at seperate meals, you’ll prevent unnecessary fermentation in the colon & increase nutrients absorption into the blood.
5. While bad fats are detrimental to your body, essential fatty acids (EFA) are vital for healthy skin. you can get these from whole grains, seeds, nuts, soy beans, dark leafy vegs, cold-presses oils (especially flax, pumpkin, sunflower, sesame and safflower) and oily fish e.g. sardines, mackerel and salmon. BTW – EFA is not produced naturally by our body, so we need to get from the food we eat.
6. Start you day with a mini cleanse. This means that you should drink a glass of warm water. follow this with a mug of hot water with a squeeze of fresh lemon.
7. Avoid excessive amounts of caffeine or alcohol, all of which drains moisture from the body.
8. Cut down on salt. excess sodium in the system lead to skin puffiness and swelling.
9. Reduce food tha clog : the worst are red meat, diary, refined foods and food that contains hydrogenated oils or fats.