The Benefits of Jujube
Camelia says “I love red dates”
1) Jujube (Ziziphus zizyphus) is one of the most widely used herbs in Chinese traditional medicine, and not without good reason.
2) Jujube has been cultivated and used by Indians, Chinese, Korean, and Eurasian communities for thousands of years, and crossbred into hundreds of cultivars.
3) Dried jujube dates can be found and purchased in almost any Chinese medicinal shop.
4) Red Dates are the dried fruit of the Chinese jujube tree.
5) Chinese date is sweet and warming and when added in a formula, prolongs, enhances and harmonizes the effects of other herbs.
6) It is used by the Chinese to invigorate the spleen and stomach and is indicated for those with poor appetite, fatigue and loose stools. Chinese date also nourishes the blood and calms the mind.
7) Brown date – this has the least medicinal value. It is often added to soups for sweetness and also taken as candies and sweetmeat.
8) Red date – It’s red in color after being harvested and dried. The fruit comes with or without kernels.
9) Therapectic effects: Nourish blood and calm the mind for insomnia and restlessness; invigorate the spleen and stomach with poor appetite; promote secretions of vital fluids; retard aging; warming; moderating the toxicity of potent drugs. It is best for fatigue, hypertension, physical exhaustion and malnutrition.
Source : website