– People with bipolar disorder sometimes feel hobbled by indecision.
– If you are not interested in foods you normally love, or are binge eating for emotional reasons, it can be a sign of depression.
– Worried for no reason? People with bipolar disorder sometimes experience irritability, anger, worry, agitation, and anxiety.
– Bipolar disorder used to be known as manic depressive disorder or manic depression.
– It’s a serious mental illness, one that can lead to risky behavior, damaged relationships and careers, and even suicidal tendencies — if it’s not treated.
– People with bipolar disorder sometimes experience inability to take pleasure in former interests.
– Doctors can identify the signs and symptoms of bipolar depression, hypomania, and mania.
– Studies report rates of bipolar disorder between 4% and 15% in children with one bipolar parent, compared to 0% to 2% in the offspring of parents who don’t have the disorder.
– People with bipolar disorder sometimes experience pessimism and indifference.
– People with bipolar disorder sometimes experience loss of energy.
– People with bipolar disorder sometimes experience feelings of guilt and worthlessness.
How to treat bipolar disorder
– Bipolar disorder needs to be diagnosed by a mental health professional, such as a psychiatrist or psychologist.
– Bipolar Disorder Therapy, this is known as ‘talk’ therapy.Talk therapy can help you understand and ultimately master any problems that hurt your ability to function well in life.
– Start antidepressant medications. Antidepressant medications are often needed to help alleviate the depressive mood swings characteristic of bipolar disorder.
– Take care of your body. Focus on better health inside and out to help cope with bipolar disorder. Start an exercise routine and try to get some physical activity each day. Eat healthy foods and avoid too much fat, sugar, alcohol, caffeine and tobacco products. Also, make sure you get plenty of sleep each night.
– Treat yourself to some relaxation. Make time for activities that you enjoy–it will help you to de-stress and cope with your illness.
– Write about what you’re feeling.
– Psychotherapy treatment often focuses on changing thoughts and behaviors to treat bipolar disorder, but additional counseling may help you deal with the experience.
Camelia (aka ecofren) shares ” I am victim of biopolar disorder for many years. Just recently, I have a happy life.I am free from depression”