Archive for July, 2013

SmartSift Litterbox

 SmartSift Litterbox
Advertisements

Rat meat sold as beef, lamb: Chinese police

Chinese police seized more than 20,000 tons of illegal meat billed as beef or mutton but actually made of fox, mink and rat in an operation that has spanned three months.

The Ministry of Public Security said that 904 suspects have been arrested after a three-month investigation for trying to sell the counterfeit meat, according to the state news agency Xinhua.

Police said the suspects injected the meat with water to make it appear fresher and, in some cases, sold diseased meat to consumers.

Meanwhile, two “meat processing and selling dens” in the southwest region of China were cited for allegedly using hydrogen peroxide in the processing of chicken claws.

Authorities are also probing crimes related to dairy products.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/may/6/chinese-police-rat-meat-sold-beef-lamb/#ixzz2XwbaYNfB

Why are chicken livers good for me

Why are chicken livers good for me?

Chicken livers are high in protein and a rich store of folate, which is important for fertility and helps prevent certain birth defects. (Food Standards Authority advises pregnant women not to eat liver because too much vitamin A can harm the baby.) Livers are also loaded with iron to give you energy and a treasure trove of certain B vitamins, most notably B12. This nutritional profile makes them a good choice for anyone prone to anaemia. Chicken livers are also one of the top sources of vitamin A, which helps eye health.http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2013/mar/02/good-for-you-chicken-livers

 

livers

NEVER LIGHT CANDLE in A.C. ROOM.

NEVER LIGHT CANDLE in A.C. ROOM.

A friend in our group passed away last week due to carbon-monoxide poisoning. It happenedwhen she lighted an aroma theraputic candle for the night in a room with air-conditioner ON.

Due to lack of oxygen in the room, the burning of the candle cannot fullyoxidize & thus forms dangerous carbon monoxide.

Carbon monoxide will prevent oxygen exchange in the lungs, resulting inthe person dozing offto a state of unconsciousness & eventually death in less than an hour, depending on the room size.

This email is to make you aware of such danger when lighting aroma theraputiccandles in any unventilated rooms.

Please forward this e-mail to all your loved ones and friends